Comment about the webcomic

Discuss & share art and comics here!

Re: Comment about the webcomic

Postby trashcat » Fri May 02, 2008 12:39 am

i would totaly buy a page for 50$.... the doller price is like way low right now

and then i would get the glory of this (almost emty) forum until next update
my name would live forever

give me an acount number and a bank and you will get your money in no time
trashcat
Imp

Postby Britt » Fri May 02, 2008 9:47 am

XD Good point; my dollar sucks right now. WORK FOR CHEAP!

You can use the paypal donation button on the main site (or paypal it to britt_undertow@hotmail.com) - just include your name and what it's for in the "notes" section and I'll understand; $50 donations are pretty rare XD

If you sponsor a page, I'll make a nice shiny banner graphic that says "This page was sponsored by ___________" and leave it next to the page forever! Hehe.
There are two things in this world...things you can eat, and things you no can eat.
Britt
Overlord

Postby trashcat » Sun May 04, 2008 11:36 pm

damn paypal sucks

guess i have to get myself an account then :/
trashcat
Imp

Postby Cheese = Madness » Tue May 06, 2008 5:56 pm

You should try to recruit more Canadian members. Our dollar is at like 99.5 US. Perfect time to take our money.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Nighthawke » Fri May 09, 2008 10:12 am

Britt wrote:XD That's an excellent idea, actually. Although I doubt anybody would want to pay my rate...$20/hr x 10hr per page = $200! YIKES. Kind of unrealistic ;_; But, assuming I'm just aiming for a little extra cash, I'd probably ask for a more realistic $50 per page. Which is still not exactly pocket change.

I saw another comic author who said that for every $100 in donations, she'd post an extra page. That's kind of a neat way to do it 'cause at least the readers can anonymously pool their money.

Hey! You know, I don't know if you ever read or do read the web comic Errant Story (Go here!), but Poe, the author, bases the ongoing publication of the comic on a minimum monthly donation goal of $2000.00. In effect, the comic IS his job, and without fail, the goal is met by the reader donations each month.

Personally, I think you could pull that off as well if you were able to update as often as he does. The problem, as I see it, is getting the "up front" money to take the plunge, and the time to establish a larger fan base. I think just about anyone that has read this comic would tell you that if you COULD update more frequently, you'd rapidly get more very devoted fans.

At any rate, I just thought I'd throw that out there for you to mull over.
Mal: "If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em."
Zoe: "Shoot 'em?"
Mal: "Politely."

Firefly
Nighthawke
Imp

Postby Bayushi Kazemi » Fri May 09, 2008 8:21 pm

Yeah, I don't think you'd have any problem getting people addicted to Undertow. The cameo thing sounds pretty awesome. If I weren't a Disaffected College Student, I'd send in my RPG character in a split second. Alas, though, I am poor T.T

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to continue mooching free Internets from unsecured networks :mrgreen:
Scorpion's Favored Comic #2: http://xkcd.com/369/
Bayushi Kazemi
Minion

Postby Cheese = Madness » Sun May 11, 2008 9:39 am

Bayushi Kazemi wrote:
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to continue mooching free Internets from unsecured networks :mrgreen:

don't we all :)
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Wandalstouring » Sun May 11, 2008 10:48 am

I'm always delighted to see a new update of undertow since it is my favorite webcomic. :ugeek:
Wandalstouring
Imp

Postby Britt » Sun May 11, 2008 11:31 am

If I made $2,000 a month, I could quit my job and probably crank out 2-3 pages per week! That would be ideal *_* The problem would be starting out...I'd have to quit to produce that many pages, and if I *didn't* get the money, I'd be broke and out of a pretty cushy job o_o;
There are two things in this world...things you can eat, and things you no can eat.
Britt
Overlord

Postby Cheese = Madness » Sun May 11, 2008 10:34 pm

It would be funny if your boss was a closet fan and would let you off with full pay just to write/draw. Alas life is not an anime.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

PreviousNext

Return to Arts