Comment about the webcomic

Discuss & share art and comics here!

Re: Comment about the webcomic

Postby Salvatos » Fri May 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Cheese = Madness wrote:You should try to recruit more Canadian members. Our dollar is at like 99.5 US. Perfect time to take our money.

:roll:

I doubt it would be 50$, but I was thinking of donating since I got a stable job two weeks ago. Maybe if someone wants to team up, we could sponsor a page (I think I wouldn't mind giving 25$).
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Cheese = Madness » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:33 pm

We should start a charity drive on T.V. and the Internet!
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby dhibidy30 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:25 pm

Oh Great and Mighty Britt who's artwork I adore:

On the topic of paid for comic pages, I would refer you to Goblins, Life through their eyes.
The main story line is free to anyone who points a browser to hit page, and the story is VERY well written. I am as big a fan of his writing and plot line as I am in yours.
The creator of this strip does a side strip called Tempts Fate. This is a char who's destiny lies in the hands of the paying subscribers. If the artist can get enough donations to cover his expenses for having his comic up on a monthly basis he will post a non story contiguous page of Tempt's making it through several difficult obstacles.
If the subscribers do not donate enough, the character dies.

The creator is on his 9th episode and Tempts' is as strong as a character as ever.
Perhaps something of this approach would work for you as well. I am sure as a fav that your loyal readers would happily contribute 1$, 2$ 20$ or whatever they could to help out and see more great artwork!

Just a thought...
dhibidy30
Imp

Postby Cheese = Madness » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:11 pm

I would, if I had a paypal account... or a credit card...
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Britt » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:47 pm

dhibidy30: That idea is freaking AWESOME and I wish I'd thought of it XD Do you think the artist would be annoyed if I copied? Assuming I can come up with some kind of good side story & character XD
Forum peeps: Would you guys be interested in this?
There are two things in this world...things you can eat, and things you no can eat.
Britt
Overlord

Postby Salvatos » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:01 am

Honestly, no. I would rather buy prints and stuff ^^
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Talikitaktak » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:22 am

Britt wrote:XD Good point; my dollar sucks right now. WORK FOR CHEAP!

You can use the paypal donation button on the main site (or paypal it to britt_undertow@hotmail.com) - just include your name and what it's for in the "notes" section and I'll understand; $50 donations are pretty rare XD

If you sponsor a page, I'll make a nice shiny banner graphic that says "This page was sponsored by ___________" and leave it next to the page forever! Hehe.

As a proud inhabitant of the mighty Euro zone ;) with a stable job, I think I can afford that now and then, while the $$ remains cheap. So is that offer still standing?

I really love your style!
I find Undertow really good and no second to many webcomics whose authors make a living off them. But I know that diving into the unknown from a relatively safe position is not so inviting... Anyway I am grateful that you are finding the time to update more frequently lately!! Thanx!!
Talikitaktak
Imp

Postby Splodge Of Doom » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:10 am

Forum peeps: Would you guys be interested in this?

Yes! I am however a student, and the downside to being in the uk is that whilst the GBP is really strong elsewhere, all the prices here are fixed so way pay more anyway :( and thus I am dirt poor.

I had a similar idea, although it wasn't donation based. I thought perhaps a webcomic rpg... The readers do a poll on what the character should do in a given situation. It would probably turn out totally daft, but it wasn't really a serious idea anyhow.
Chaos will always prevail over order, because it is more organised.
Splodge Of Doom
Keeper of the Smilies

Postby Britt » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:33 am

If anyone wants to sponsor a page, leave the name they want posted in the comment field of the Paypal donation process (Some people are weird about their full name, others prefer to use their online names, etc). The next page I post after it's received will be in their honor, banner et all ^_^
And hey, if the sponsor has a website or deviantart, I can link back to them, too. Kind of like advertising! :D

Splodge Of Doom wrote:I had a similar idea, although it wasn't donation based. I thought perhaps a webcomic rpg... The readers do a poll on what the character should do in a given situation. It would probably turn out totally daft, but it wasn't really a serious idea anyhow.

I saw a webcomic that was based on this idea once...dunno what happened to it, but it sounded pretty funny XD But yeah, I'm not sure how the donations would factor in. Some math equation involving dollars and hit points probably. ^_^
There are two things in this world...things you can eat, and things you no can eat.
Britt
Overlord

Postby Cheese = Madness » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:57 pm

CAD did that a little while ago for a few pages, it was funny.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

PreviousNext

Return to Arts