Question regarding Updates

Got questions? There may be answers here. But don't ask for spoilers! ^_~

Re: Question regarding Updates

Postby Orranis » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:59 am

I feel bad for posting here, and bringing this up again, considering that a) this post had been "dead" for a decent amount of time now and b) I've only been reading this comic for 6 months or so, and thus am not one of the oldest or most devoted fans, but I want to make a suggestion that I believe would be appreciated by some people, myself included.

I have read a decent number of good and/or great comics over the years, but I've often found that some of the best comics are the ones that have very slow update rates, if they weren't secretly dropped by the artist and the fans are still hoping (praying) for them to return someday and post another page in the series (such as Under Lock and Key).

To stop beating around the bush and get to the actual point, I'm simply wondering if you, Britt (I'm hoping that your eyes will meander over this modest proposal in the near future), would merely post a little something (perhaps on your livejournal, since that seems to be updated once every few weeks on average) to inform your devoted, patient fans that you indeed have not dropped/forgotten this comic, and intend to return to working on it when you are able to. It wouldn't need to be long or complex, it could even be something as simple and easy as a codeword or something (I haven't been watching too many spy movies....no....).

If anyone thinks my proposition is long, confusing, and/or ridiculous I apologize, I have not slept much in the last 72 hours. If you find it absurd, rude and/or deserving of flaming, I sincerely apologize, I did not mean to offend anyone.
Orranis
Imp

Postby Salvatos » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:40 am

Do not despair, friend. As you can read in her latest LJ update, she's been doing extra hours at work for a while. And since her job = drawing, at some point you want to kick back and do something else, even if you enjoy drawing in theory. I'm sure when that burden lightens, Undertow will return to its normal schedule...

... which is, like, one page per season :twisted: :mrgreen:
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Shadowriver » Sun May 01, 2011 7:01 pm

The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.
Shadowriver
Tech

Previous

Return to Q&A Section