[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - Question regarding Updates

Question regarding Updates

Got questions? There may be answers here. But don't ask for spoilers! ^_~

Re: Question regarding Updates

Postby Tyris » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:10 pm

Well, get used to it. As you can see from checking the dates on the page discussion threads, UT's update schedule in the last few months has been approximately 1.25 pages per month. A large quantity of patience will be required if you wish to be a fan without going insane.

Of course, you already have a head start on the insane bit...
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.
Tyris
Minion

Postby Mandoade » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:54 pm

Mandoade
Demon

Postby Cheese = Madness » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:31 pm

Are you insane with inpatience yet Mandoade?
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Mandoade » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:10 pm

I'm feeling better with page 30 up...
Mandoade
Demon

Postby PervSquirrel » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Maybe someone should work on getting a sponsor... like a publisher or... a rich nerd who wants to see what happens

anyway i know a guy who knows a guy who lives next to a lady who has a pool guy who also works for ... forgot what i was saying..
PervSquirrel
Imp

Postby Cheese = Madness » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Heh. You just reminded me of Foamy. I have to go watch him now.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Zodi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:14 am

I can almost promise that this post will be either deleted or flamed so bad that I should become charcoal.

I love Undertow, don't get me wrong, but it's very depressing to come back after six months of not reading it only to have 5 pages. I know Britt does this for free, I love that she does. However, when you have a dedicated fan base, you are supposed to take care of them and give them more than 1.25 pages a month.

Instead, the page is left to stagnant and make people find something else to read. Those who are smart, have about twenty or so webcomics that update through out the week. Even if the comic is just a black and white, it would be better than nothing. Or better yet, if a comic can't be posted how about getting something that tells us a reason why. Work and real life, understood, but you made yourself known out here to people and now they want to know things.

Now I'm also curious, why hasn't she gotten involved in Wowio? Each download gets her money. Least then it's not all for nothing. I will also add that I will still continue to read, but maybe once a year when I know I'll have about fifteen pages to catch up on.

I would also like to see Poultry Arisen to keep going, but not going to push my luck.

Sorry if this seems ill mannnered, but I'm just sick of being patient.
Zodi
Imp

Postby Silvier » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:57 am

*Readies flamethrower*

To be honest it was more like a loooonnnnnnggggg string of nothing and then a bunch of relatively fast updates. At least that’s how it felt to me I'm too lazy to check when the pages were actually posted. So it seems unfair to say after a year there would only be 15 pages, even if you are probably dead on. Also I wish I only 20 other web comics to read.

I have no idea about Wowio, have they changed their discriminatory anti-Canadian policy?
Hey everyone it's Sil, I bet he's here to necro some threads and then disappear for half a year. That bastard.

The yahoo bot is stalking me...
Every damn time...
Silvier
Minion

Postby Salvatos » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:21 am

Charcoal!

I'll just sum it quickly (partly because my arm hurts and partly because there's not much to say):
1) Artists work for themselves first, then for their fans; unless they're paid for the job, they're totally entitled to have the last word about everything;
2) The comic is for free, so although I can understand your concern, not only are you not paying to get it but Britt doesn't even make any promise regarding updates: whenever she can post a page, we're here to look at it and enjoy it, and ready for the next. If she said she was going to post a page every Friday and didn't keep true to her word, you could at least complain that she didn't meet her deadline, but we're all aware that there is none.

I'm sure Britt as well would love to be able to do more, but we all have lives and artists are no exception ^^
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Britt » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:34 am

There are two things in this world...things you can eat, and things you no can eat.
Britt
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Q&A Section