[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - Smilies

Smilies

Got questions? There may be answers here. But don't ask for spoilers! ^_~

Smilies

Postby Splodge Of Doom » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Yeah, the smilies. Um... well... they kinda suck. Especially lol, who looks more like he is about to sneeze. :lol:

With the exeption of Mr. Green. He's awesome. :mrgreen:

Can we get some better ones???

Note the Avatar. He's called :Narcolepsy:, and he took me the better part of an hour, animation included. My services are volunteered if you want. Have to be piecemeal tho, and it'd be about a week before I'd really have time to knock a few out.

Just tell me what dimensions/filesize/format (GIF?) I'd have to work to.
Chaos will always prevail over order, because it is more organised.
Splodge Of Doom
Keeper of the Smilies

Re: Smilies

Postby Tyris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:45 am

Arrr.gif heartily approves of this idea. Image
Unfortunately for him, he's stolen from elsewhere... :oops:
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.
Tyris
Minion

Postby Splodge Of Doom » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:30 am

You get him from deviantart?

check out - he's done some awesome ones. :hitman: is a favorite of mine.
Splodge Of Doom
Keeper of the Smilies

Postby Salvatos » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:31 am

Well, the usual phpBB ones would be a good start ^^
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Splodge Of Doom » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:24 am

I wasn't thinking of doing anything daft - well, not overmuch - 'til I'd sorted the basics.

After them tho...

Flamethrower emot anyone? :mrgreen:
Splodge Of Doom
Keeper of the Smilies

Postby Tyris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:44 pm

You can't look dignified when you're having fun.
Tyris
Minion

Postby Cheese = Madness » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:06 pm

I think smilies are art. This should be in the art section. Also, the smilies here make me laugh. :) :o Aliens for all!
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Splodge Of Doom » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:44 pm

I did wonder about posting this in the art section, but what I'm suggesting is kinda messing with the mechanics of the forum.

Therefore, 'tis not art, but engineering! :mrgreen:

Oh well, if the mods move the thread, then we shall know for sure.

Back to topic, I don't suppose anyone knows what limits are for size etc.? or if there even is one?

I could just start fiddling, but if I make one too big in either available sense (dimensions/filesize) I'll have to redo it. No sense in making extra work unneccesarily.
Splodge Of Doom
Keeper of the Smilies

Postby Britt » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:08 pm

Go for it! These smilies ARE lame (though I'm fond of :twisted: ). I'm not sure what the sizes are...Shadowriver, help me out here...but I'm preeetty sure the smiley graphics themselves are uploaded on my own webspace, so the file size shouldn't be an issue (well, try not to make 'em 1MB or anything) ^_^;
There are two things in this world...things you can eat, and things you no can eat.
Britt
Overlord

Postby Shadowriver » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:43 pm

Was just thinking we needed to get some new ones up :mrgreen:
All of smilies that are already on the forums are about 4kb and 15x15(px) :ugeek:
If you want to make any go ahead I will upload them, I would say just dont go much higher than 20x20(px) and a Mb or two.
The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.
Shadowriver
Tech

Next

Return to Q&A Section