Patreon

Talk about anything and everything.

Patreon

Postby Salvatos » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:20 pm

This probably won't go anywhere, but I was wondering about something and there hasn't been a new thread here in so long, so why not. If you haven't heard of Patreon, it's a tipping service that's kind of like a bastard child of Flattr and Kickstarter. It's mostly used by artists as you select a regular amount to give the artist when they release a new episode/song/piece of art/pre-determined thing and isn't meant for one-time projects. You can also set a monthly limit per artist, so say you want to give $5 per song, you can also make sure to not exceed $30 a month if the composer starts releasing songs every day. In return, artists can offer perks at various tipping levels like bonus material or exclusive privileges.

With that out of the way, I was wondering how well that could work for webcomics. I'm going to assume some already use it and not do the research, since the episodic nature fits perfectly. I don't know exactly what kind of perk could be offered other than exclusive doodles like we had when voting on TopWebComics back then, but it doesn't have to be much either.

Anyway, if Britt ever decided to do this, would you support it? Personally I'd gladly give about $5 per page, assuming she doesn't put out more than 1-2 per month and provides minimal incentives (e.g. doodles).
Salvatos
Demon

Re: Patreon

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:59 pm

I'd certainly support it! :)
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Return to General Discussion