Where is everyone?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: Where is everyone?

Postby Mandoade » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:19 pm

TheDeepDark wrote:Sounds like you have (had?) your work cut out for you then, eh?

Hey look I'm back! Again! ... And just before leaving (because I doubt I'll have much time to get on here while I'm in China for the next three weeks).

Hello and good-bye?

Out of curiosity, DD, are you, perchance, a member of the Key forums?
Mandoade
Demon

Postby Leqetita » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:39 am

I'm back in Chengdu. Just spent the last month travelling across South-East Asia.

Thought of trying to find Danith in Singapore but I figured that would be incredibly weird and stalker-y.
Leqetita
Minion

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:51 am

I'm pretty sure I told you to hit me up, we'd get a beer. Nothing stalker-y about that.

And I actually know a couple people in Chengdu as well.
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Leqetita » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:02 pm

The beer is so expensive in Singapore and Malaysia. Really pissed me off as it's all of 50 cents here - perhaps not the best of beers mind you, but still the price is right.

I was only there for 2 days though - far more money than I had anticipated, *not* like the rest of ASEAN. I can usually stay in a room for like $10 in other countries (Vietnam, laos, etc) but Singapore tugged on the pursestrings. >.<
Leqetita
Minion

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:47 pm

Yeah, that's part of why I can't wait to get out of here. For us alcohol enthusiasts it kind of hurts the accounts. :P

But that's still no excuse man, i would have paid. :( Plus I know the cheaper venues. Cuscaden Patio, a bar right next to Hardrock Cafe, has $10 jugs on tuesdays. And several places have happy hours. Then there are always the hawker stands, 40's are only about $6 at those areas. :)
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Leqetita » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:32 am

Well I'm thinking of heading back down next Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) and bringing more money with me. I really enjoyed both the National Museum and the Science Centre. I will have to go back and spend a full day at both of them to suck up the knowledge.

I stayed at a hostel in Little India and considering the exchange rate was 1 SGD ~ 5 CNY it made for a very painful experience, haha. I go down the road and buy a beer for maybe 60 or 70 cents. Plus seeing as the cheapest single room was like $35 to $40 which is fully twice what i usually pay in China and thice that in other places like Laos and Cambodia.

There are (fairly) cheap direct flights between Chengdu and KL, so getting there isnt too bad. I'm considering flying down so I don't have to pay ridiculous fees on luggage because Air Asia is a poopyhead and charge you for wiping your arse. :evil:

Also, do you know when the next anime/comic convention is? Those are usually incentive for me to travel places outside of normal holiday times. :oops:
Leqetita
Minion

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:50 am

I know there's a Con in August. I'm not sure about before then, but I'll definitely look into it. I'm actually out of here and moving to another country in May, so I won't be around next New Year.

That's cool though that you did that type of trip, it's the sort of thing I should really do while I'm over here but work has had me tied down pretty hard. My brother is even flying out from Seattle next month, and we were going to go up to KL and then north to the Cameron Highlands, but not sure if I can even do that now. :x
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Where am I? But I'm right here, people!

Still the same old problems, no improvement (except that I now have MONIES!! :o ), no solution and not even a diagnosis in sight, but what the hell, it's been over a year and I'm sick of holding back on the things I like - one of them being wasting lots of time on the Internet, since I am a geek.

So I decided I'd come back here at last, even though the forum's probably not very active since there hasn't been a comic in months. I won't be playing the games and such because, you know, that would be unreasonable, but a little spam every now and then should do more good to my brains than it does bad to my arms.

Did I miss anything?
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Cheese = Madness » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:18 pm

:roll: Nope :P
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:23 pm

Thought so. I think I'm going to try to bribe Britt with my newly-acquired currency :geek:
Salvatos
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion