New forum Design

Talk about anything and everything.

New forum Design

Postby Cheese = Madness » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:06 am

What does everyone think about it? T'isn't my design but I'm curious what everyone thinks.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Re: New forum Design

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:10 am

Was it on purpose, or was there a server reset and they lost their old template information?

All in all... I liked the other one better.
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:02 am

That's not the default phpBB3 template so a server reset doesn't seem likely.

I think I might like the old one better too, but I haven't really had a lookd around. So far there's only two things I don't like: the heading and the red shadow on links. But both can be changed easily, and overall I like the color scheme.
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Shadowriver » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:03 pm

The old Skin was broken and I didn't feel like recreating it using the new standards.
So This is the Work in progress Skin, we will be changing some things in the coming days to make it more "undertowish".
The Header is the same one from the old forum and it does not fit the new image size, That will be one of the first things that changes.
The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.
Shadowriver
Tech

Postby Tyris » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:11 pm

Egad.
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.
Tyris
Minion

Postby Salvatos » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:08 am

I should have a look at the phpBB3 files someday, I wonder how different they are from phpBB2's. Doesn't sound fun to have to remake the design, either way.
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Britt » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:46 pm

Sorry for the days of Fugliness, guys!! We just spent some time combing through these files in an attempt to get rid of the hideous text glow. The default header image size is rather pathetically small on this style but it'll have to do. I thought about putting some kind of forum mascot up there...but I'm not sure what to use...(Saehral wouldn't fit) Hm!
There are two things in this world...things you can eat, and things you no can eat.
Britt
Overlord

Postby Salvatos » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Britt wrote:I thought about putting some kind of forum mascot up there...but I'm not sure what to use...(Saehral wouldn't fit) Hm!

I really have no idea... *cough cough wink wink* ------------->>

The default header image size is rather pathetically small on this style but it'll have to do.

Surely you could change it... I have a lot of free time these days, so if you'd like to send me a copy of the template files, I can give it a try.
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Shadowriver » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Surely you could change it... I have a lot of free time these days, so if you'd like to send me a copy of the template files, I can give it a try.

I already got it, I was just working on something else at the time :P
The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.
Shadowriver
Tech

Postby PsychoWompRat » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:01 pm

The only thing I don't like is how the names and pictures of the posters are on the right side instead of the left, there is such wrongness to it...
Otherwise I can deal :D
"... It suddenly occurs to me that this is an ideal position from which to strangle you." - Saehral

Do you know how many fairies they kill to make a box of chocolate Teddy Grahams?!
PsychoWompRat
Minion

Next

Return to General Discussion