[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - I'm Alive

I'm Alive

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: I'm Alive

Postby diefoxgod » Thu May 03, 2012 10:23 am

sometimes boredom bringsgs about new and interesting things. if everyone was content and happy nothing new would be brought.
but still i can see that traffic has drummed down a lot but its nice to see that some people still visit and post things. even with the last update being about 1-2 years ago.
i have a few comics i still check in on myself but yes life has gotten in the way of many things. i started writing a story myself and got maybe 1/4 the way though it but of what i wrote it is 12,000 words and about 20% of that is just notes and other miscelanous things.
i been meanign to get back to it but ti would require me to reread the whole thing myself. but that would be fine. i designed it to be webcomic but never could get around to actually drawing panels. but thne i am thinking of jsut turning the whole thing into a full novel.
oh anyways i will check back later
diefoxgod
Imp

Postby Salvatos » Fri May 04, 2012 7:38 am

Tell me about it. I wrote 22,000 words of a story before I realized I had no idea how to tie my ideas together and gave up/moved to other projects. And about 6,000 words of notes about the setting that always seemed so much easier to write :|
Now the setting has changed so much in my mind that those chapters are pretty much unusable :depressed:
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Cheese = Madness » Sat May 05, 2012 8:04 pm

While I haven't got up to your 22k amount I've abandoned several story starts. What I'm trying to do now is write a few short stories in a universe of my creation to cement its reality and then build from there. It may or may not work but it will be fun I think.

What do you guys use to write? Pen and paper, word, notepad, something different? I use FocusWriter. Daily goal, no distractions, and black background with green text. http://gottcode.org/focuswriter/
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Sun May 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Last edited by Salvatos on Tue May 08, 2012 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salvatos
Demon

Postby diefoxgod » Mon May 07, 2012 11:06 am

i jsut use a notepad, its much simpler, i dont have it constantly trying to tell me i spelled words wrong, its lighter easier system to travel with, jsu tput it on a flash drive and use any computer i want.

i heard this once though or something close to it, "when u get about halfway though the story and cnat think of anything to wirte, reread what u have alrdy written and remember why u started writing in the first place, cause as u go along the sotry takes on a life of its own and tends to grow in a different direction then oringally planned."

so its alwasy good to reread something. u will remeber the main plot and something u may ahve lef tbehind could tie back in. With my story i ahve two main groups going on at once with the plot/story jumping back and forth between the two and ahving them jsut miss each other eventually i wanted them to sync up at one point or meet up and disperse into ddifferent formations.

but that was almost a year or two ago when i stopped wrriting it. really need to find time or motativation. maybe this summer i will continue it while working as i will have much free time then.
diefoxgod
Imp

Postby Cheese = Madness » Mon May 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Tue May 08, 2012 7:36 am

Thanks!

Aaaand yeah, no wonder the spell checker gets annoying, diefoxgod ;)
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Cheese = Madness » Sun May 13, 2012 10:56 pm

I think I may have driven him off. Oops. :?
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Mon May 14, 2012 5:12 pm

Happy Birthday Me! :D

Downloading the Diablo 3 game client as we speak.
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Tue May 15, 2012 9:39 am

Enjoy!
Salvatos
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion