I'm Alive

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: I'm Alive

Postby diefoxgod » Thu May 03, 2012 10:23 am

sometimes boredom bringsgs about new and interesting things. if everyone was content and happy nothing new would be brought.
but still i can see that traffic has drummed down a lot but its nice to see that some people still visit and post things. even with the last update being about 1-2 years ago.
i have a few comics i still check in on myself but yes life has gotten in the way of many things. i started writing a story myself and got maybe 1/4 the way though it but of what i wrote it is 12,000 words and about 20% of that is just notes and other miscelanous things.
i been meanign to get back to it but ti would require me to reread the whole thing myself. but that would be fine. i designed it to be webcomic but never could get around to actually drawing panels. but thne i am thinking of jsut turning the whole thing into a full novel.
oh anyways i will check back later
diefoxgod
Imp

Postby Salvatos » Fri May 04, 2012 7:38 am

Tell me about it. I wrote 22,000 words of a story before I realized I had no idea how to tie my ideas together and gave up/moved to other projects. And about 6,000 words of notes about the setting that always seemed so much easier to write :|
Now the setting has changed so much in my mind that those chapters are pretty much unusable :depressed:
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Cheese = Madness » Sat May 05, 2012 8:04 pm

While I haven't got up to your 22k amount I've abandoned several story starts. What I'm trying to do now is write a few short stories in a universe of my creation to cement its reality and then build from there. It may or may not work but it will be fun I think.

What do you guys use to write? Pen and paper, word, notepad, something different? I use FocusWriter. Daily goal, no distractions, and black background with green text. http://gottcode.org/focuswriter/
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Sun May 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Cheese = Madness wrote:What I'm trying to do now is write a few short stories in a universe of my creation to cement its reality and then build from there. It may or may not work but it will be fun I think.

Sounds like a solid plan. I think I considered it at some point, but never got to it.

I used a notebook to take notes before typing them down in a more organized file. Regular text document for everything else.
Last edited by Salvatos on Tue May 08, 2012 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salvatos
Demon

Postby diefoxgod » Mon May 07, 2012 11:06 am

i jsut use a notepad, its much simpler, i dont have it constantly trying to tell me i spelled words wrong, its lighter easier system to travel with, jsu tput it on a flash drive and use any computer i want.

i heard this once though or something close to it, "when u get about halfway though the story and cnat think of anything to wirte, reread what u have alrdy written and remember why u started writing in the first place, cause as u go along the sotry takes on a life of its own and tends to grow in a different direction then oringally planned."

so its alwasy good to reread something. u will remeber the main plot and something u may ahve lef tbehind could tie back in. With my story i ahve two main groups going on at once with the plot/story jumping back and forth between the two and ahving them jsut miss each other eventually i wanted them to sync up at one point or meet up and disperse into ddifferent formations.

but that was almost a year or two ago when i stopped wrriting it. really need to find time or motativation. maybe this summer i will continue it while working as i will have much free time then.
diefoxgod
Imp

Postby Cheese = Madness » Mon May 07, 2012 4:27 pm

diefoxgod wrote:I just use notepad. It's much simpler. I don't have it constantly trying to tell me I spelled words wrong. It's a lighter, easier system to travel with, just put it on a flash drive and use any computer I want.

I heard this once, or something close to it: "When you get about halfway though the story and can't think of anything to wirte, reread what you have already written and remember why you started writing in the first place, because as you go along the story takes on a life of its own and tends to grow in a different direction than originally planned."

So it's always good to reread something. You will remeber the main plot and something you may have left behind could tie back in. With my story I have two main groups going on at once with the plot/story jumping back and forth between the two and having them just miss each other. Eventually I wanted them to sync up at one point or meet up and disperse into different formations, but that was almost a year or two ago when I stopped writing it. I really need to find time or motativation. Maybe this summer I will continue it while working as I will have much more free time then.

Welcome to the forum. Don't take it personally, but these are a few of the things wrong in what you wrote.

Also, happy birthday Salvatos.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Tue May 08, 2012 7:36 am

Thanks!

Aaaand yeah, no wonder the spell checker gets annoying, diefoxgod ;)
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Cheese = Madness » Sun May 13, 2012 10:56 pm

I think I may have driven him off. Oops. :?
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Mon May 14, 2012 5:12 pm

Happy Birthday Me! :D

Downloading the Diablo 3 game client as we speak.
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Tue May 15, 2012 9:39 am

Enjoy!
Salvatos
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion