What games are you currently playing?

As in, forum games. But if you want to talk gaming, we like that too.

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Postby Cheese = Madness » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:54 am

Better clowns than bot flies.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:27 pm

Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, and got back into WoW.

Also played Dishonored, which was a pretty fun game.
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:44 am

How's The Last of Us? My friend says it was better than he expected, but he had low expectations (blah, another zombie game). The trailers make me wish I had a PS3 (or it weren't damn exclusive). I'm a sucker for good stories with emotional engagement and this looks like it might be one.

Haven't really played anything lately since I'm busy working on my own (board) game among other things. I did play Nelly Cootalot though, a piratey point-and-click whose sequel's Kickstarter just ended. I'd recommend it if you like that stuff. The first game is free and pretty short.
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:08 pm

The Last of Us is pretty awesome, man. The very beginning choked me up a little bit, so I'd say it's pretty emotionally engaging.

I like pirates, and I"ve been waiting for a good pirate game. Where do I get it?
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:29 am

http://www.nellycootalot.com/games/nelly-1/

I happened to play some of The Last of Us last night (we were going to play Borderlands together but my friend decided to watch me play that instead).
I have to say I saw the end of the prologue coming (well, not exactly as it did, though, that was rough) as soon as I saw the characters involved, but I loved it all the same. It made me relate to Joel pretty hard (even though I'm not a father).
The only thing so far is that the gameplay hasn't convinced me - feels like I would like it better on PC, but of course there is no such thing - but I didn't get that far so I'll probably get used to it.
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:12 am

I started on Wildstar. It's a really promising new MMO, similar to WoW in graphics and feel but with an action based combat system more similar to the likes of Zelda, where you have to move around in order to survive.

I'm on Thunderfoot server, Exile side. Let me know, great ones, if you decide to try it for a spin.

It be fun. Indeed.

8-)
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:48 am

Not much time for MMOs at the moment, but I did love their trailer from a couple years back. Right now I'm helping in the localization of Wasteland 2 and I just got my beta key, so I'll be trying that out when I get off work.

(yay for gaming on Linux)
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Cheese = Madness » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Haven't been into any MMOs recently. I've been playing around in War Thunder, but the game just doesn't give me enough planes fast enough. Also been playing http://tagpro.koalabeast.com/

Played through STALKER:COP again. Love that game.

Been trying out some CIV4 mods. A lot of fun.

Wasteland looks interesting. Haven't gotten into squad based like that in a long time but I really enjoyed the faction introductions.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:41 am

After putting a few hours into it, I can say it does feel close enough to the original Fallouts with updated graphics and controls. Other than the fact it's a bit laggy on my laptop, my only complaint so far would be that the fog of war always gets in your way because of camera angles. Hopefully that's something they will tweak before release.
Salvatos
Demon

Previous

Return to Games