[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - Gaming hope from days of yore...

Gaming hope from days of yore...

As in, forum games. But if you want to talk gaming, we like that too.

Gaming hope from days of yore...

Postby PsychoWompRat » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:04 am

Kinect. another "move yo body" production.

Link:
Link:
Link:

I ain't holdin' my breath.

It seems like Sony is the only one who isn't trying to jump the gun as far as next-gen gaming in the hopes that hype will earn them billions.
... Would be neat if something good finally came of this though. Like them getting to work on that total immersion helmet or something... ;)
"... It suddenly occurs to me that this is an ideal position from which to strangle you." - Saehral

Do you know how many fairies they kill to make a box of chocolate Teddy Grahams?!
PsychoWompRat
Minion

Re: Gaming hope from days of yore...

Postby Leqetita » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 am

Leqetita
Minion

Postby Salvatos » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:00 am

Gotta say I'm more interested about the technical achievement than about the gameplay itself ^^'
Salvatos
Demon

Postby PsychoWompRat » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:53 am

"... It suddenly occurs to me that this is an ideal position from which to strangle you." - Saehral

Do you know how many fairies they kill to make a box of chocolate Teddy Grahams?!
PsychoWompRat
Minion

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:34 pm

LARP Wii 8-)
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Britt » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:49 am

I'm pretty skeptical about Kinect, too. Maybe it'll be great for playing Dance Off games and 5 year olds pretending to pet tigers, but it doesn't seem like something that encourages hardcore gameplay. Imagine playing Soul Calibur on that thing! You'd be lucky to last all 3 rounds.

Did anyone see that Forza driving game? I mean...how is that better than using the Wii Wheel? And someone raised the question of...how do you brake? Mehhh. Sometimes a controller really IS the best way.

Someone I know worked on Forza and he told me that the Kinect has some problems too - if you're not the right height, it won't read you correctly (So I'm out!). Also, it gets confused if you have facial hair.

But hey, if your life goal is to be an average height clean-shaven mime I bet it's a great training tool.
There are two things in this world...things you can eat, and things you no can eat.
Britt
Overlord

Postby Salvatos » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:05 am

That's funny considering the child in the demo. But anyway, I suppose no matter what limitations Kinect has, since it's just part of the XBox console in the end (and doesn't cost extra), it's not that bad.
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Britt » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:22 pm

o_O I thought it was a separate thing you have to buy...for $150... http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2906 ... At_149.php

It's not going to stop anyone making normally-controlled games though. I hope. Probably depends on if it's wildly popular with the masses.
There are two things in this world...things you can eat, and things you no can eat.
Britt
Overlord

Postby Salvatos » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Well I just took that from the videos above. But according to your article, that would be the $300 bundle, although my search on BestBuy says it's $300 for the console then $150 for Kinect when it comes out. Confusing.
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Britt » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:29 pm

@_@ I'm confused too! I guess if you already own an Xbox you're screwed and have to pay $150...?
Britt
Overlord

Next

Return to Games