League of Legends

As in, forum games. But if you want to talk gaming, we like that too.

League of Legends

Postby Bayushi Kazemi » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 am

Genre: Uh...Arena Game? Kind of an RPG/RTS hybrid, very close to DotA (made by the same people).

Players: Up to 5v5

Platform: Computer

Object: To destroy the opposing team's Nexus

The Good: Free to play, over 40 champions to choose from, allows limited customization of champions, no easy mode, team matchmaking, rewards constant playing, games USUALLY take 30-40 minutes (I've played an 90 minute game before, but only once)

The Bad: Silly looking graphics, high level players/people who pay money can be inherently better than you, some teammates take losing too seriously.

The Other: It's free for download and has a tutorial, which does a better job explaining it than I ever could. The game does allow you to purchase Riot Points for money or earn IP through playing and winning games. You can spend RP to purchase runes, new characters, or new character costumes (skins). IP can be used for new characters or runes, but not for costumes. Thus, while you can play the game for free, you can also pay for upgrades or bonuses. 10 heroes are free to play and they change every week, giving all players experience with all characters over time.

CG Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzMnCv_l ... r_embedded

Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV2rRcskn4Y

Download Me
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index
Last edited by Bayushi Kazemi on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpion's Favored Comic #2: http://xkcd.com/369/
Bayushi Kazemi
Minion

Re: League of Legends

Postby Britt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:31 am

My only complaint is that the other people are really hostile towards noobs. I think I'm pretty even in wins/losses, having played since last Friday...but there's so many heroes to experiment with and so many items that I'm basically stuck with one, because if I try someone new, I get screamed at for not knowing my character. @_@ I've been in a couple matches with high levels that berate their whole team the entire time even though we're winning. Reeally annoying.
There are two things in this world...things you can eat, and things you no can eat.
Britt
Overlord

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:01 am

GRRM just basically announced a ASoIaF RTS game.

Wonderful, more stuff for him to get comfortable about his earnings to never finish the books.
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Britt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:10 pm

:rant: GRRM is going to pull a Robert Jordan!
There are two things in this world...things you can eat, and things you no can eat.
Britt
Overlord

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 pm

I know what you're saying, Britt, and I agree... but all in all that's not too fair to RJ. It's not RJ's fault that he died before he could finish it, you know the whole rare incurable cancer thing.

If GRRM dies before he finishes it, then it is his fault. Because he's not putting any effort into this at all... 5-6 years for one book that was supposedly already written? Please. It's like he's planning on just letting HBO finish the story for him.
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Cheese = Madness » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Is there any voice chat in this game? and GRRM... grr.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Bayushi Kazemi » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Britt wrote:My only complaint is that the other people are really hostile towards noobs. I think I'm pretty even in wins/losses, having played since last Friday...but there's so many heroes to experiment with and so many items that I'm basically stuck with one, because if I try someone new, I get screamed at for not knowing my character. @_@ I've been in a couple matches with high levels that berate their whole team the entire time even though we're winning. Reeally annoying.

I haven't noticed this as much of a problem so far, but I'm comparing to Heroes of Newerth. I've also been playing HoN and DotA for a while, though, so I've gotten used to where to draw the line. I've only had one game where some jerk sat at the spawn location and didn't move because "my team is all noobs". I've been berated a few times for being stupid, but I really deserved those >.<

Cheese = Madness wrote:Is there any voice chat in this game? and GRRM... grr.

Not in the game itself, but if I remember correctly it has a system set up for Ventrilo. Personally, I just type the stuff to make sure there's proof that I called my lane's enemies missing.
Scorpion's Favored Comic #2: http://xkcd.com/369/
Bayushi Kazemi
Minion

Postby Britt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:51 pm

XD I don't blame Robert Jordan for dying - I *do* however blame him for writing around 3,000 pages of books where nothing happened. I heard the story was going to be finished by another author (can't remember who but I thought it was a good choice when I heard it)... just haven't worked up the drive to re-read the extremely long series again.
Britt
Overlord

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:56 am

I know what you mean. :) And it's Brandon Sanderson who is finishing it. I'm actually rereading everything right now... or at least I started last november and I just got to Crossroads of Twilight, but I kind of plan on finishing the newest one right as the Towers of Midnight is released. :D
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Britt » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:29 am

Ohhhhh I LIKE Brandon Sanderson! Maybe I'll just read the ones he writes :shiney:
Britt
Overlord

Next

Return to Games