MMORPG's

As in, forum games. But if you want to talk gaming, we like that too.

MMORPG's

Postby Salvatos » Fri May 30, 2008 6:47 pm

Heya!
I read this...
Games
As in, forum games. But if you want to talk gaming, we like that too.

... and thought we needed a topic for this.

I'd like to know if and what kind of MMORPG's you play?

To quickly summarize, my first and best so far MMORPG has been Priston Tale. I am now (shhh) playing the Korean closed beta for Priston Tale 2, just checking out the game until it comes out in English. Pretty neat if you ask me, although I preferred the interface in Priston Tale the first.

I have also tried Guild Wars, but I'm not really into PVP so I stopped after...*cough* not being able to beat the PvE part of the game *cough* (the fact is I had a slow Internet connection so I always played with henchmen, it didn't make it easy... nor very interesting).

And I played for a very brief time (meaning I didn't like it much) Dofus (don't know if it has been translated to English yet), 2Moons, KnightOnline (played like two times only) and that's pretty much it already... I wanted to try LastChaos too but it wouldn't work.

Still, now I don't really play anything anymore, I guess I'm waiting for PT2 to get out in English. What about you?
Salvatos
Demon

Re: MMORPG's

Postby Cheese = Madness » Fri May 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Runescape. I know... I know...
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Fri May 30, 2008 6:55 pm

Eeewww :mrgreen:

I won't make any comment since you already "know" ;)

Anyway, if so many people play it, there has to be something ;)
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Cheese = Madness » Fri May 30, 2008 7:09 pm

I played it back in the day when it was really something. Now I only play enough to keep my file active. (Once every few months)
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Ipsylon » Fri May 30, 2008 7:23 pm

i played some MMORPGs but never got too far with them cus they consume a lot of time.....

i played runescape years back around 2004, also lineage and an old rpg made here in argentina, but its like 2 years since i last logged in to an mmo
Ipsylon
Imp

Postby Salvatos » Fri May 30, 2008 7:44 pm

Ipsylon wrote:i played some MMORPGs but never got too far with them cus they consume a lot of time.....

Yea, that's the problem. I miss playing them, but I know I wouldn't have time to play as much as I would like anyway. Once you make friends in there, you want to spend as much time as possible playing, actually to be with them, and you feel bad for not showing up more often. Well that's how it was for me :roll:
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Ipsylon » Fri May 30, 2008 7:51 pm

What i enjoy more is playing a nice D&D, we gather with my friends but only once every 3 or 4 month because we are all quite busy.... but if it was up to me i would play almost every week i love it
Ipsylon
Imp

Postby Salvatos » Fri May 30, 2008 7:58 pm

Ah, I know what you mean. In highschool we were lucky if we played once a month. Then at cégep (a school we have between highschool and university in Québec) we managed to play more often, even once a week during a few months. It's really best if you can work out a regular schedule, I think. It makes it easier to follow the story and remain focused, in a way.
Now I have a job and my friends are leaving for university, so I'm left with a game once in a while with a few family members.

Better than nothing!
And well, I do prefer D&D to MMORPG's too 8-)
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Ipsylon » Fri May 30, 2008 8:02 pm

i've been on some forums which played D&D via forum posts... or by skype or similars.... they said they had pretty good results, but i've never tried that before
Ipsylon
Imp

Postby Salvatos » Fri May 30, 2008 8:10 pm

It can work well (haven't done it, but seen it), but it's still not the same. The game does work, but you don't get the special feeling of all being around the table, playing, acting and talking spontaneously and, well, of course, eating junk food :D

And rolling the dice!! 8-) :roll:
Salvatos
Demon

Next

Return to Games