Multiplayer FPS's?

As in, forum games. But if you want to talk gaming, we like that too.

Multiplayer FPS's?

Postby Ivan » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Got some favorite gun-games?

I myself am a big fan of all of VALVe's work, and when I get the opportunity to I play Team Fortress 2. I make for a mean Pyro. ;) (And that ain't just hot air.)
Ivan
Imp

Re: Multiplayer FPS's?

Postby Cheese = Madness » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:46 pm

I got TF2 with the orange box. (For a total of $20) best $20 I've ever spent.

I'm going to mention the monster now... Halo. It's like crack cocane to me. I have Xbox live with halo three and I hit the 1000 game mark today. (I've had the game sinse November first last year)

Combat arms is a Free Multiplayer FPS that I play a little and it 'tis OK but it pales in comparison with ^^^.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Ivan » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:52 pm

Cheese = Madness wrote:I got TF2 with the orange box. (For a total of $20) best $20 I've ever spent.

I'm going to mention the monster now... Halo. It's like crack cocane to me. I have Xbox live with halo three and I hit the 1000 game mark today. (I've had the game sinse November first last year)

I've got to agree with the value of The Orange Box. Amazingly, it's actually gotten cheaper since release... For those who purchase via Steam anyways. I'd like to join you for a round of TF2 sometime, if you're up for the possibility of being burned, bludgeoned, blown up and shot at. :lol:

Ah, Halo. Although I'm not a fan of it myself, I'll say it now- the only FPS on a console that I've ever been able to play well. The usual configuration for shooters on console games is haphazard at best, but there's something about Halo that makes it feel so much more playable.
Ivan
Imp

Postby Cheese = Madness » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:57 pm

I'd love a game.

Have you played through portal yet?
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Ivan » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:00 pm

Cheese = Madness wrote:I'd love a game.

Have you played through portal yet?

I'll make sure to arrange one with you once I have my new computer, this one can hardly install the game, let alone play it.

Oddly, no. Mostly because someone had given me two of the games from the Orange Box as gifts. Getting the entire Orange Box after that would have been a bit odd, though I feel like I'm sorely missing out, having not played any of the HL episodes OR Portal. ^^;
Ivan
Imp

Postby Cheese = Madness » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:06 pm

I think that portal was the best game out of all the ones in the box, but It is a bit short. Only 13 hours or so if your bad at it.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby PsychoWompRat » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:12 pm

CS:S is pretty much all I play. But I haven't even played that in quite some time (it was very important for me to take a break).
I guess we have TF2, but I have yet to try it, used to play TFC before I got into CS, but from what I've seen they're rather different.
Has anyone played both and could maybe tell me if my assumption is correct? I would try it for myself but it's hard to knock my sister off the good computer sometimes, and I still kinda fear my addiction... :mrgreen:
"... It suddenly occurs to me that this is an ideal position from which to strangle you." - Saehral

Do you know how many fairies they kill to make a box of chocolate Teddy Grahams?!
PsychoWompRat
Minion

Postby Ivan » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:18 pm

Cheese = Madness wrote:I think that portal was the best game out of all the ones in the box, but It is a bit short. Only 13 hours or so if your bad at it.
I'll have to make sure to grab it next time Steam has a sale, then.

PsychoWompRat wrote:CS:S is pretty much all I play. But I haven't even played that in quite some time (it was very important for me to take a break).
I guess we have TF2, but I have yet to try it, used to play TFC before I got into CS, but from what I've seen they're rather different.
Has anyone played both and could maybe tell me if my assumption is correct? I would try it for myself but it's hard to knock my sister off the good computer sometimes, and I still kinda fear my addiction... :mrgreen:

Well I haven't played TFC, but many of the makers of TF2 even went so far as to say that TFC was a bad game in comparison to TF2. It took a very long time for them to finish the game, it went through so many redesigns and perfection. Of course, I think it's all the better a game for it. (I realize I'm making it seem like a better game then it really is when you start playing, but I haven't deemed a single match in the game to be bad for any reason other than the people I am playing with.) As for Counter-Strike... It's a good game, aye, but at this point it almost feels archaic compared to other games. The FPS arena has really changed a lot since the original CS, and CS:S is, truthfully, not much of an update to the game.
Ivan
Imp

Postby PsychoWompRat » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:26 pm

Ivan wrote:The FPS arena has really changed a lot since the original CS, and CS:S is, truthfully, not much of an update to the game.
Meh, that kind of stuff never really bothered me, though. All I really looked forward to when I heard that CS:S was coming out was the update in graphics, I loved the original and didn't really care about any particular changes other than that. To some people it has become an outdated, buggy fossil, but CS:S is still my beloved, 'till death do us part ;)
"... It suddenly occurs to me that this is an ideal position from which to strangle you." - Saehral

Do you know how many fairies they kill to make a box of chocolate Teddy Grahams?!
PsychoWompRat
Minion

Postby Cheese = Madness » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:30 pm

I found FEAR multiplayer suprisingly fun cept for the people who flew around punching people to death.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Next

Return to Games