[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - So I've been thinking (Theory discussion)

So I've been thinking (Theory discussion)

Commentary on the latest in comic happenings.

So I've been thinking (Theory discussion)

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:15 am

I read through the comic again, just now, and (as you always do) caught some things that I hadn't before. And with that I would like to discuss some possibilities that have come to mind.

1. During the War that broke the World the Demons fought against mankind...

- We know that as Saehral has shown up, she is more physically capable than your standard humans.
- Now I'm going to guess that she isn't the creme de la creme when it comes to fighting, and power, in regards to the demon races. But with that being said, as far as we know right now, Teyn is far from anything spectacular in regards to combat, as well. SO, this makes Saehral (average demon) more capable than Teyn (average human).
- Saehral mentions that she can't imagine how a weak race like humans ever defeated them and took over the world. This makes me think that at one point in time the majority, if not all, of humans were the 'Elder bloods'. The Blood of Old. The Ancestors of the current, where the blood lines have slowly been thinned out over the multitude of generations and have caused those who still possess powers to become outcasts.
- Another reason is that we know of the two Gods. Fate and Destiny. Since the Master 'Elder Blood' constantly speaks of the Goddess, and her favor of Twaki, he is undoubtedly speaking of Destiny. And since we know that Destiny IS a Goddess and the creator of the life on the world, than his religion is true.

2. Zephril used a type of powder that does not affect the Elder Blood.

A- Saehral was out like a light.
B- Teyn was not affected.
C- The weapon that Zephril threw at Teyn disolved into the Golden Light, right before he blacked out.

A) The powder was a major tool used agains't the demons during the great war. And was specifically designed to effect demons, which was why Saehral went down so fast.

B) What I think happened, is that Teyn is actually a descendant of the Elder Blood where the trait (could be a recessive gene) was passed on to him. This would explain why the powder did not affect him.
B-2) The powder most likely effects other humans, because they don't carry the Elder Blood trait, whether it was just not passed on to them, or because their bloodline has been so diluted.

C) When the weapon was whirling through the air at Teyn, Tawki being dragged away, and Saehral unconscious on the ground, the stress and pressure built up so much on Teyn that he "snapped", and his first use of his untapped potential within his own Elder Blood abilities was released. In which he teleported/dissolved the weapon. The actual "snapping", or the initial release of his power, was so shocking to his mind/body that it caused him to black out.

The Rundown of my thoughts.

Saehral grew up an orfin; alone, unnoticed, and fending for herself. So in an attempt to prove herself, she ventures to the Human lands in search of the Magicks that the humans used to defeat the demons, so that she could take that knowledge back to her homeland, and gain prowess, fame, and to be respected. She doesn't know much about humans, because she was never educated, which is also why she is deeply scared of Teyn, though hides it by showing off.... Another thought is that she may have been outcast from her land for one reason or another, and she believes that if she can gather information on the 'magicks' than they'll let her return... Though I'm leaning more towards the orfin theory. ;)

Teyn is the descendant of a powerful Leader from the great war, and has inherited the recessive gene that has remained hidden within his bloodline until now. In other words, he's a BAMF but just doesn't realize it yet. Think of Rand Al'Thor, when he was still in Emond's Field of the Two Rivers. :)

Thoughts? 8-)
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Re: So I've been thinking (Theory discussion)

Postby Cheese = Madness » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:10 am

I think Matt (My fav char in that series) is a better example because he actually becomes a BAMF, unlike Rand who is a whimpy little girl IMHO :P

I don't have the time to reread the comic and get into it today, but I'll try to tomorrow.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:25 am

Matt is a BAMF, but so is Perrin. And No, Rand is not a whimpy little girl by any means. He's just very inflicted by Lews Therin and whatever else is causing him to get weak every time he channels.

But he's still a great swordsman, and he's still wiped out thousands upon thousands of enemies in moments with the Sai'din. AND, he CLEANSED Sai'din. I'm not saying he's my favorite character, but the analogy was meant for towards the whole power thing. Matt is just really lucky, and has memories from all of the previous lives that were inserted into his head.

They're all BA. But that wasn't the discussion. :lol:

I look forward to your thoughts on my theories, though. :)
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Tarim » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Hmm...

Well, we know that Teyn has achieved a high level in his training, even if he does have blood problems. Will that become relevant?

It wouldn't be necessary for the majority of humans to be elder blood were they allied with the elder blood against the demons. Having defeated the demons, they eventually tried to get rid of the next strongest, the elder blood. (Next most different?) Seems both attacks were only partially successful: there are survivors.

However, this does raise a question: will the other demons combine forces with Mr. Beaky the Mask Man to attack the humans?

Also, human + demon = what? Elder blood?

We do not know that he is referring to Destiny, just a female deity. Could be a messed up demon lady for all we know. However, due to Beaky's talking about Twaki being favoured, I think you're right.

2. Teyn was affected, just not as badly as Saehral. What does this mean?

Could be that it effects everyone, even the elder blood?

Look carefully: Teyn catches the weapon rather than destroying it. Does this mean anything? Is he a ninja rather than Elder Blood?
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Currently the most likely forum member to be killed by a clown in China at the end of the year.
Tarim
Distinctly like a Teacup

Postby TDB » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:55 pm

When Zephril threw the powder, , then but stayed . So I don't think it's something designed specifically to affect demons, it has a stronger effect on (normal) humans.
TDB
Imp

Postby TDB » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Also compare the with the . And note the description, "It'll let you control your power, ease your pain --" "Only to intensify it later, leaving me weakened further...", and on the that it could kill the guard.
TDB
Imp

Postby TDB » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:56 pm

I'm thinking that was hara root powder Zephril threw at them. The bag looks the same, and the effects seem to match -- it does bad things to Twaki and Saehral, and lets Teyn control Awsome Magic Powers for a bit before he passes out (which looks like it might be a result of using his new powers, rather than a direct effect of the powder).

Your message contains too many URLs. The maximum number of URLs allowed is 3.
TDB
Imp

Postby Cheese = Madness » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:30 pm

sorry to go ot but http://www.brandonsanderson.com/article ... tting-AMOL the last WoT book is getting split up.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:07 am

Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Tarim » Mon May 04, 2009 12:51 pm

Something we haven't considered is Saehral being a normal human. Just with pointy ears. Say she's from abroad somewhere. Somewhere sunny?

From the fan art pages, all I can say is: Who the hell is Alandy?
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Currently the most likely forum member to be killed by a clown in China at the end of the year.
Tarim
Distinctly like a Teacup

Next

Return to Undertow Talk