[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - Chapter 4 Page 29

Chapter 4 Page 29

Commentary on the latest in comic happenings.

Chapter 4 Page 29

Postby Salvatos » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Weee! Is it the 21st already in the world of Undertow? :P ;)
Anyway, I bet Twaki is totally confuzzled now ^^

And thanks for the sexy Christmas wishes! :shiney:
Merry Christmas to you too Brit! And to everyone on the forum :)
Salvatos
Demon

Re: Chapter 4 Page 29

Postby Tarim » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:55 pm

It's not Christmas quite yet.

Thanks for the new page and the unexpected Christmas... scariness.

Any ideas about what Twaki's response to this offer will be?
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Currently the most likely forum member to be killed by a clown in China at the end of the year.
Tarim
Distinctly like a Teacup

Postby Salvatos » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:31 am

"If I agree, do I get my own poney?" :mrgreen:
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Vices » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:02 pm

I'm going to throw out some postulations, to add to conversation.

The mask it awesome, but why have it? Some reasons would be namely; to conceal identity,
symbol of status like rank or occupation, an ego boost, to hide disfiguring scars, permanently attached due to curse, or required for his talents.

The first two seem unlikely. 'Master' (Beaky) is wearing it in the privacy of his room. Unless he wants to ultimately leave the current group, he doesn't need to hide identity from them, yet still wears the mask. So it's not there to just hide identity.

It can't be a symbol of rank. Rebels and vigilantes rarely use patches, badges, or pins to show rank. Rank, in these groups, is usually in presence, personality, or useful skill.

It could be to hide scars, but he already had it on when he sent Teyn and Saehral out of his room. It could be permanent, but there is not real evidence of this yet.

There hasn't been enough seen of him to narrow the other options. I'm guessing there is a reason he must wear it, but which of the above reasons, I can't discern.

Twaki is in more of a jam than is obvious. She was extorted in front of Prince Luthien. If she assumes rule of Amari, Trylithia can accuse her of being under the influence of treachery. Or perhaps I over think this.

. . . and Merry Christmas.
Vices
Imp

Postby Mandoade » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:26 pm

Mandoade
Demon

Postby Tarim » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:43 pm

There are so many possibilities. To name a few of the vaguely rational ones:

- He put on the mask at some stage and is unable to take it off for various reasons. It might require a key to remove, which he doesn't have. There is also the possibility of it being cursed or generally evil, as you mentioned.

- He really likes masks. Although this is just a silly explanation, it is impossible to discount it.

- Religious/secret society/badge of rank etc reasons. However, this doesn't explain why he seems to sleep with it on.
You mentioned rogues and rascals using smaller badges of rank. However, this group is clearly taking part in a much larger and more powerful conspiracy. Perhaps this allows their leader to wear a great big mask? Religious reasons seem more likely, though.

- He isn't human. This covers a lot of possibilities. Is the mask a part of him? Is he half man, half tree?

However, you detailed the two most likely explanations: either it is required for his talents or a means of obscuring his identity.

I doubt Twaki is in as serious a bind as you think. Why would Mr. Mask have bothered to capture Prince Luthien if his intentions were to simply make the prince witness this deal? I think we should consider that the prince is being given a similar ultimatum, making him unlikely to reveal Twaki's involvement to other rulers. He will hardly be allowed to do exactly what he likes unless he somehow manages to escape...
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Currently the most likely forum member to be killed by a clown in China at the end of the year.
Tarim
Distinctly like a Teacup

Postby Cheese = Madness » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:15 pm

I think the responce that comes to mind is "Because its cool"
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:06 pm

I'm actually beginning to think Britt might have forgotten the prince's presence in the room... that's definitely the kind of mistake I would make anyway XD
Salvatos
Demon

Postby Britt » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:38 am

Hah! I have NOT forgotten the Prince's presence - that's why there's another page to this scene. XD

As for the mask...I'm loving everyone's theories...but I will say right now that it's not just 'cause it looks cool ^_^; Were that the reason, I'd have him rip it off and say "SCREW THIS THING - it's too much of a pain for the artist!"

My favorite of the theories I've heard is that he's half tree, by the way XD
There are two things in this world...things you can eat, and things you no can eat.
Britt
Overlord

Postby Tarim » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:43 am

Tarim
Distinctly like a Teacup

Next

Return to Undertow Talk