[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - Chapter 4 Page 33

Chapter 4 Page 33

Commentary on the latest in comic happenings.

Re: Chapter 4 Page 33

Postby Tamren » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:18 pm

Carnivore certainly. Predator is arguable. On Earth humans are considered apex predators because we are capable of killing and eating any other animal on Earth. Not that you would want to in most cases.

As for the apples. Apples will last a very long time in storage as long as the skin isn't broken. The main problem is keeping them dry, moisture will cause them to rot in a hurry. And I suppose you could always freeze em, though that would result in a powdery apple at best.

That apple probably indicates that our heroes are not *too* far away from civilization. Maybe at the edges, but not quite into "here be dragon" territory.
Tamren
Imp

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Oh, and K-CHK...

Sounds like a gun to me. Either a Bolt-action hunting rifle, or a hammer-action pistol.

Could be a pump action shotgun... however that would be more of a CHk-K-Chk...

And I know you're going to say "there aren't guns in this world"... So my response to that, is "how do we know, for sure?"
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Cheese = Madness » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:47 pm

Maybe there was a bolt on the outside of the door and they were in a cell?
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:01 am

That's a very hospitable cell, if it is one... Of course, probably not as much as Martha Stewarts...
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Cheese = Madness » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:57 am

They could have had to improvise and stick a bolt on a normal door.
Cheese = Madness
High Demon Lord

Postby Danith Daurkreign » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:14 am

Or, it could be an old style door with a thumb latch. And come to think of it, my old bedroom at my parents house (old family house) actually has a thumb latch on the door, as opposed to a door knob, and it makes a kind of 'k-chk' noise.

Either way, I'm doubting the whole "they're locked up" theory... But that doesn't mean I'll be a poor sport if you're right and I'm wrong. It just means that I'll be gloating more in the mirror if I AM right. :D :D
Danith Daurkreign
High Demon Lord

Postby Salvatos » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:11 am

Salvatos
Demon

Postby TheDeepDark » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Dude, I think you're missing the significant point of this page here.

Although that may just be my jet-lag talking. Whee!
"Always be prepared for people to do exactly what you told them not to do."
TheDeepDark
Minion

Postby Tyris » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:41 pm

That line's even more amusing if you're English.
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.
Tyris
Minion

Postby Ivan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:04 pm

*Spin.*

Great job letting us down, BTW. :P
Ivan
Imp

PreviousNext

Return to Undertow Talk